Good Morning, I am doing a Friendzy Friday for Two Scrapbook Friends.. Make sure to check out their website.
I was playing around with my gesso recently to see if I could do anything DIFFERENT with it and here are the results of my findings…. DISTRESSED GESSO BACKGROUNDS!
Gesso really is an amazing medium for using on paper and card stock. You only need a little bit and you can achieve stunning distressed effects! And the best part is that its so easy!!
Gesso is an artist's primer. In another words, it is like a white chalky paint that makes a flat or not glossy, tooth (or texture) on the surface of paper, canvas etc... Gesso is also referred to as a "ground". The flat finish it creates, lets different medium (inks, paints, etc) stick to it.
Here's my another card, I created... I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks; Vintage Photo, Brushed Corduray, Walnut Stain and Frayed Burlap. They turned out lovely.
Hope you will give a try this technique.
Happy Scrappy!
Very neat Sharlene. I want to try this now!
ReplyDelete