Friday, February 24, 2012

Friendzy Friday with Two Scrapbook Friends

Happy Friday!  I am excited to do the Friendzy Friday tutorial to show how to do the Tie-Dyed stamped Images by using a baby wipe Technique. 


Tie-Dyed Stamped Imaged - Baby Wipe Technique

The multitone effect was achieved by adding a few drops of re-inker onto a folded baby wipe to create a rainbow inkpad.  You then ink the stamp onto it and voila fabulous multitional result.

Supplies

·     Baby wipe
·     Two or Three Dye Re-Inkers
·     Tin, foam or paper plate (in my case, I use plastic toy box that my both boys outgrow it)
·     Solid or clear stamp
·     white cardstock

Step-by-Step
Step 1
Fold the baby wipe in half, and then fold in half again. Place on a plastic plate.


Step 2
Starting with the darkest color of re-inker, start adding drops of it on the baby wipe.


Step 3
With the second re-inker, add more drops to the wipe.
Step 4
With the lightest colored re-inker, fill in all the white spaces you have left on the baby wipe.
Step 5
Ink up the stamp using this makeshift inkpad.



Step 7

Stamp the image on cardstock.

Step 8
Finish your project with embellishment.

I hope you give these a try and be sure to show off your creations!


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Looks like a very easy craft activity! Good use of different colours and blend something into a beautiful item!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat technique Sharlene! And what pretty images you made to use on your card and treat tin! I especially love the butterfly with the added pearls. WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great technique. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea! I have lots of re-inkers and this gives me a reason to get them out!

    ReplyDelete