Welcome to the Two Scrapbook Friends Father's Day Blog Hop! You should have started the hop at the Two Scrapbook Friends Blog and arrived here from Jan's blog. If you comment on each blog, you will qualify to be in a draw for a special prize from Two Scrapbook Friends! Also, you will find a RED HIGHLIGHTED word on each blog which will make a phrase at the end of the Blog Hop!
Once you have completed the hop to all our designers blogs, please leave a comment on the Two Scrapbook Friends blog. Then be sure to email the completed phrase to them for a second chance to win! So remember, in order to be entered to win:
1. Leave a comment on all the blogs as you go and then come back to the Two Scrapbook Friends blog and leave a final comment there.
2. To have a second chance to win, keep track of the HIGHLIGHTED WORDS from each blog and email the phrase to 2friends@execulink.com. Put "Blog Contest" in your subject line.
3. Check back at the Two Scrapbook Friends blog on June 12th to see if you are the winner. (Winners will not be contacted personally.) Here is the list of blogs you will visit on this inspiring journey:
Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting Father’s Day Blog Hop with Two Scrapbook Friends. You should have arrived here from Jan's blog. Don't you think Jan's creation is fabulous?.
Today, I am going to show you; 'one of a kind' layout. The layout, I created for my boys' dad; my darling husband. I wanted to create something different, so I decided to include a bi-lingual approach. In our household, we use both language; ASL - American Sign Language and English in written format. Both of my boys are exposed to ASL and spoken language since they were infants. So I want to corporate a bi-lingual approach, three pictures of my boys signed "We Love You, Dad". You may spot tiny fingerspell stamped "D-A-D". And also I included "We Love You, Dad" in English text.
For the papers, I used Bo-Bunny Weekend Market, these papers are lovely and I wanted to use all of them. After thinking about what I can do with them, crazy quilt came to my mind and I decided to create some faux crazy quilts on large fonts. These papers are masculine and they are gorgeous to work with and use on any "dad" or men in your life.
Fingerspell stamped "D"
Don't you love Dymo labeller!..
My boys adore their dad and he will do many things for them, by playing with them, cuddling with them, helping them with their homework, and giving them some MONEY to buy some goodies.
I hope my creation give you some inspirations to create something of your own.
The next stop, you will hop to Ann's blog. Be sure to leave a comment on each blog in order to qualify to be in the draw for a prize. Enjoy the blog hops.
Happy Father's Day!
Happy Scrappy!
Sharlene
Sharlene

Oh Sharlene! What a heartfelt layout. I don't usually get emotional, but this gave me goosebumps. I am sure your husband will love it.
ReplyDeleteThis is truly a brilliant layout Sharlene! How meaningful to include both languages on your layout - such a personal touch! I love the papers and colors you used and the crazy quilting on the title is amazing!
ReplyDeleteJoanne xo
Awwwww....so sweet! What a wonderful Father's Day gift. I absolutely adore how you did the quilting on "DAD".
ReplyDeleteReally lovely - with the multi-language expressions. The large quilted letters are very striking.
ReplyDeleteStunning layout..and so smart to use both languages. Your husband will adore this I am sure!
ReplyDeleteLove the layout, Sharlene!
ReplyDeleteAndrea :)
WOW! I am so thrilled that you shared this! I appreciate all the time and effort that title took. You blow me away Sharlene. Gorgeous design created with love.
ReplyDeleteSo many things to look and admire Sharlene. Really really nice. Too many elements to single any out but the combination of them all is just amazing. Great page!
ReplyDeleteWow! A FAB layout! Love how you corporate the two languages together! Your quilted title rocks! Love the pics of the boys!
ReplyDeleteSo awesome Sharlene, such a unique page.....one to treasure for sure!
ReplyDeleteAwesome layout Sharlene! I too love your title!
ReplyDeleteYou are so creative, Sharlene! Love this layout! Especially your crazy quilt letters :)
ReplyDeletelove the quilted letters....gorgeous page...and your dh will be sure to love it too.
ReplyDeleteOoooh, love the crazy quilted letters!! Going to have to lift that idea, if you don't mind! :) The Sign language stamps are pretty cool too! Thanks for the inspiration!
ReplyDeleteI love the big title Sharlene and your signature quilting touch!
ReplyDeleteFabulous layout :) I love all your personal touches.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great layout!
ReplyDeleteA very special layout! Love the masculine paper, the photos of your boys signing, and the quilted title! Super!
ReplyDeleteNice! The cut out of the d with the hand letter is a nice touch. We also do sign language here, and this layout is a really great way to showcase it.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great way to showcase the sign language - we also use sign here and I'll keep this idea in mind.
ReplyDeleteLove it! I can see incisor prorating this into my scrap booking!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE this layout. It is one of a kind for sure. The pictures with your kids signing make the layout extra extra special. I'm sure your husband will love it. Cutting DAD out of the patchwork paper is a great idea. I must try that.
ReplyDeleteLove the colours in your layout Sharlene!
ReplyDeleteGreat use of warm tones! Love it!
ReplyDeletewhat a great idea!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fabulous layout! Love the colours and the lettering for dad.
ReplyDeleteGreat layout. Great paper combinations. Love the look of the "dad" cut out.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great concept for the photos/LO! Great colours and patterns!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea Sharlene!
ReplyDeleteVery cool patchwork letters! Love the series of photos too--super cute!
ReplyDeleteLove the patchwork dad! It is amazing.
ReplyDeleteSuch a great layout! I love the large title!!
ReplyDeleteGreat page!! Love all the different patterns in the oversized letters!
ReplyDeleteGreat layout I love the oversized letters
ReplyDeleteLove this page. The large title and the colours I really like.
ReplyDeleteI love the "label" you made, you mentioned Dymo labeler . . .are you able to share where you got it and what model number you use??? Thanks so much.
ReplyDelete