The materials you will need for this project...
-white cardstock
-wood grain embossing folder
-Cuttlebug
-Blender tool for distressing
-three different shades of Tim Holtz Distressing ink pads
-Martha Stewart Scoring Board or Scor-pal
1. Starting out with a piece paper of white cardstock. Cut 4 by 5 1/2 white cardstock
2. You will need a blender tool to ink the cardstock. I would suggest you to choose the lightest colour Tim Holtz Distressing Ink. I used Brushed Corduroy ink.
3. Insert inked paper into wood grain embossing folder. Cuttlebug or Sizzix will do the wonder .
4. Go the next ink colour, I used Distress Vintage ink and blend the ink onto the paper to give it more colour.
5. Take out your scoring board. Flip your cardstock upside down..
6. Place the paper in verticial position
Scoring column (vertical) first, then rows (hortizontal).
Column,
Score at 1/2, 1 1/2, 2 1/2, and 3 1/2
Rows
Rows 1, 3 and 5 - Score at 1/4, 2, 3 1/2 and 5
Rows 2 and 4 - Score at 1 1/4, 2 3/4, and 4 1/2
You can see some scor lines show up.
7. Choose dark colour - Tim Holtz Distress Walnut Stain. You stain the ink directly onto the paper. This will help the scoring lines show up
I wanted to make it look like a hardwood floor. Isn't it neat?
Hope you will give yourself a try...
Happy Scrappy!
Turned out great Sharlene!
ReplyDeleteGreat tutorial, and way to give that Scoring board a workout. You explained things well, and I'll have to give this a try.
ReplyDelete